For the propagation of an ideal where science communicators can meet firstly, for drinks; secondly, for communicating; and ultimately, for networking. Joining is easy – simply embrace our cause and tell a story or two about why you deserve certain badges.
- not opposed to alcohol.
- fond of IPCC reports (especially the pictures).
- mostly in agreement with the “truth.”
- into badges.
- grieving for the slow and miserable death of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- possibly possessed of supernatural powers.
- not in the business of total world domination
- committed to the constant and diligent presentation of science stories, be it to editors, producers, directors, educators, relatives and/or friends of various ilk, in an effort to lessen the gap that is this thing we call public scientific literacy.
Our anthem: “Increase the N” (from HEFE – click on the song in the myspace player – lyrics)
Our Badges (so far) can be viewed at the main page.
Science Scouts are brought to you via the good people of the Science Creative Quarterly.