Title: Introduction to My Research Area
Course Instructor: Me
T Th 10:30 -12:00, Willams 205
Office Hours: by appointment
Course Syllabus: The course will consist of me, talking about my research area, for 15 weeks. Topics to be covered include:
1. My research area.
2. Why my research area is important.
3. Important contributions I have made to my research area.
4. Contributions other researchers have made to my research area, including an objective appraisal of any problems or errors in these studies.
5. Future work in my research area.
6. Other stuff about my research area.
Grading will be based on two tests (a midterm and a final) along with a written report. The report should focus on one subset of my research area, and describe, in detail: key findings by the key researchers in this subset of my research area. The report should include at least 5 figures, 20 references, and be at least 10 pages long, single-spaced.
By the end of the semester, successful participants in this course will have a deep understanding of my research area and it’s central importance to modern science. Participants will have the opportunity to earn extra credit by working in my laboratory on research projects related to the course.